The Covestro i3 Index is an opinion research project commissioned by Covestro LLC as part of its i3 (ignite, imagine, innovate) corporate social responsibility (CSR) program in the United States. This inaugural research conducted by the independent research firm, SSRS, examines the recent trend of “corporate social purpose” from the perspective of CEOs and other C-suite executives at U.S.-based Fortune 1000 companies.
Titled “A View from the Top: U.S. FORTUNE 1000 CEOs and C-suite Executives on Social Purpose and Its Impact on Business,” the i3 Index asked Fortune 1000 senior executives to weigh in on a number of issues, including if:
- tension exists between a company being profit-driven and having a social purpose;
- they’ve experienced the shift toward social purpose at their companies;
- demand is growing among stakeholders for companies to have a social purpose and if / how this is impacting specific aspects of their businesses, including Innovation and R&D; and, Growth and Business Strategy;
- the future competitiveness of their companies will hinge on its social purpose;
- empowering their employees’ personal purpose is important and increasing and if / how they’re responding to it.
Findings and Results