Pittsburgh, May 1, 2017 — Skin care, hair care and color cosmetic products need a strong foundation of high-quality raw materials. From ethanol-based polymers to powders and polyurethane dispersions, the Baycusan® product portfolio from Covestro LLC provides beauty product manufacturers with a wide array of raw material choices to meet their formulating needs.
Covestro will present the Baycusan® polymer product family in booth #1221 at the New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists Suppliers’ Day 2017, May 2-3, in New York City. Here’s a closer look at the event.
For top-notch hair protection, repair and styling properties, Covestro will highlight polymers that enable advanced formulations:
- Baycusan® C 1008 offers hair heat protection while providing a flexible hold and natural gloss. Covestro will present a new application with this ingredient at the booth, supporting semi-permanent hair coloring. This ingredient boosts color intensity so that hair looks revitalized, shiny and sleek.
- Baycusan® C 1010 is a sister product used in waterborne hairstyling formulations such as waxes, lotions, creams and foams and provides a long-lasting hold with a natural feel. The material helps protect against heat, humidity and environmental factors.
For healthy and youthful looking skin, several skin-friendly, anti-pollution formulations will be featured at Supplers’ Day:
- Baycusan® C 1004 acts as an invisible and breathable barrier, protecting skin against particulate matter. The film-former material can be used in sun protection formulations for extra protection against sand and water.
- Baycusan® C 1000 makes it possible for formulators to produce high-performance sun protection formulations with a light feel. Appropriate for use on sensitive skin, this film-former takes the performance of sun protection formulations to the next level: it reduces the migration of UV absorbers across the skin’s surface by 80 percent. For beachgoers, the formulations are long lasting and robust.
- Baycusan® C 2000 is an ethanol-based polyurethane film-former that enables new textures and product forms in the sun care category: transparent light gels and oils with a high level of sun protection and water resistance. Easily applied on dry or wet skin, withstanding sweat or water exposure, these new products have a delightful feel and cool touch.
Covestro will also showcase material solutions for cosmetics, including film formers for low-odor waterborne nail polishes.
Attendees of Suppliers’ Day are invited to the Covestro booth (#1221) to speak with materials experts about these raw materials and other products in the Baycusan® film-former product line. Visitors to the booth can also experience a free hair or face makeover by a stylist using products formulated with Baycusan® raw materials. Appointments can be made in advance by emailing Sarah Schade at Sarah.Schade@covestro.com. Walk-up appointments are also welcome but are dependent on availability.
About Covestro LLC:
Covestro LLC is one of the leading producers of high-performance polymers in North America and is part of the global Covestro business with 2016 sales of EUR 11.9 billion. Covestro manufactures high-tech polymer materials and develops innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life. The main segments served are the automotive, electrical and electronics, construction, medical and sports and leisure industries. The Covestro group has 30 production sites around the globe and employed approximately 15,600 people at the end of 2016.
Baycusan® is a registered trademark of Covestro AG.
Sarah Schade, Phone: +1 412 413 5843
# # #
This press release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Covestro AG. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Covestro’s public reports which are available on the Covestro website at www.covestro.com. Covestro assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
Editor’s Note: Follow news from Covestro on Twitter: