Pittsburgh, December 20, 2019 — Faster, smaller, tougher and connected. In the fast-paced world of electronics, IT and communications technologies, it’s all about the race for what’s next. At CES 2020 — the global stage for the latest consumer product technologies — Covestro will demonstrate how, as a materials innovation partner, it enables current cutting-edge technologies and also helps bring next-gen technologies to market. Covestro is believed to be the only plastics supplier exhibiting at CES 2020.
“While 5G is what’s next, our customers are accustomed to a certain level of performance based on today’s applications. There is an expectation that no matter how far-reaching the impact of 5G connectivity on the device world, performance cannot suffer,” explains Joel Matsco, senior marketing manager, Polycarbonates – Electrical, Electronics and Appliances, Covestro LLC. “That’s why we believe in collaborating with our customers at an early stage, helping them to overcome potential product design, engineering and materials challenges. This approach accelerates innovation, which is particularly critical given the rapid electronics product life cycle.”
Visitors to the booth (313 in Smart Cities, Tech East, Westgate) will get a firsthand look at how Covestro solutions are enabling smart mobility, smart living and smart infrastructure:
- The company will lead-off with new 5G antenna concepts, battery housings and electric vehicle charging stations, all leveraging polycarbonate’s balanced material property profile for high heat, cold temperature impact, RF transmission, flame retardance and overall toughness.
- Smart mobility technologies will feature integrated displays, embedded sensors and heat management solutions needed for our autonomous driving future.
- Covestro will highlight smart living prototypes utilizing its polycarbonates and polycarbonate blends tailored to electronics with a sharp eye on color, material and finish considerations.
- Booth visitors will experience the future of autonomous mobility via our VR App from the comfort of gaming chairs made from Covestro materials.
- Covestro is hosting wearable technology company Apollo Neuroscience, Inc. which will feature its new wearable that empowers the user to get better sleep, feel more relaxed and have more energy by actively enhancing the body’s resilience to stress.
Attendees at CES 2020 Conference and Exposition, January 7-10, in Las Vegas, can visit the Covestro exhibit in booth 313 in Smart Cities, located at Tech East in the Westgate, to learn more about the company’s materials and technical expertise for consumer technologies.
The CES landing page is the place to go to stay up-to-date about all Covestro activities at the show: https://solutions.covestro.com/en/highlights/campaigns/ces-2020.
About Covestro LLC:
Covestro LLC is one of the leading producers of high-performance polymers in North America and is part of the global Covestro business, which is among the world’s largest polymer companies with 2018 sales of EUR 14.6 billion. Business activities are focused on the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials and the development of innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life. The main segments served are the automotive, construction, wood processing and furniture, electrical and electronics, and healthcare industries. Other sectors include sports and leisure, cosmetics and the chemical industry itself. Covestro has 30 production sites worldwide and employed approximately 16,800 people at the end of 2018.
John Skabardonis, Phone: +1 412 413 5444
# # #
This news release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Covestro AG. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Covestro’s public reports which are available at www.covestro.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
Editor’s Note: Follow news from Covestro on Twitter: